Analyze and design material and information flows using the value stream method
Often the individual production processes are optimized as far as possible. Does this also mean that the overall process is optimally designed? The value stream method is used to represent and optimize production and business processes from the customer’s point of view. Here the interaction of all processes with each other is considered. Your employees will apply the method from the customer’s perspective, so that the processes are customer-oriented – and thus geared to your markets.
At the end of this module the participants should
• have an understanding of the holistic view of business processes,
• be able to draw a value stream diagram,
• interpret the value stream diagram to identify weaknesses,
• develop systematic and customer-oriented solutions and – design a target value stream
Ingo Pläster, IWT
• Introduction to the value stream method
• Simulation of a company-specific initial situation
• Data recording of typical key figures and creation of a value stream diagram
• Systematic design of the value stream
• Identify weaknesses – present results
• Simulation of the newly designed value streams
• Develop and present approaches for your own company
The seminar is aimed at employees from the areas of company management, work preparation, industrial engineering, process innovation, design, order entry, sales.